Welcome to my Food and Faith Program!
I am so happy you are here. This is a faith-based nutrition journey where we will work together to transform our minds with nutrition, health, and body. In this journey you will learn to identify right motivations, you will grow in the fruits of the Spirit, and you will be successful in identifying lies you might believe that are preventing you from reaching your goals. Our faith should influence everything that we do in our lives and that includes how we take care of our bodies. This is what this program is all about. Let’s embark together on a journey to transform our minds in how we think about nutrition, health, and our bodies!
Let us do it with joy and thanksgiving for His glory!
Instructions for your journey
- Each lesson is meant to take 1 week to complete. Of course, you can take longer if you need to or if you feel like you want to meditate a little longer on a particular lesson.
- Choose a consistent day each week to begin. You will get the most out of this journey when you do a little every day.
- Plan to spend 20-30 minutes on the first day of each week and 10-15 minutes per day on each subsequent day.
- On Day 1, watch the video under the Lesson tab at the top. Note: each video is about 10 minutes. This will give you an introduction to the content of the lesson for the week.
- After you have watched the video, download the pdf lesson for the week located in the Materials tab (next to the Lesson tab). You can print this if you want, or save it to your tablet or computer.
- Make sure you have a notebook or a journal. Answer the questions for each day in your journal.
- When you are finished with each week, mark the complete button so you can move onto the next lesson.
First, let me just say there is no magic pill! These recommendations will help you ensure you are meeting your nutritional needs, but they are not a substitute for a healthy diet! I always recommend we try to get what we need from food, but the multivitamin is good for a little extra assurance. The omega-3’s and the probiotics are great for people who don’t like fish or yogurt. Please let me know if you want specific recommendations for your needs, these are meant to be general options that work well for MOST people.
- A Quality Multivitamin: the form your vitamins is in makes a big difference in how well your body can absorb the nutrients. Also, why take C, E, D, B vitamins, etc. when one will do it??? I recommend this ONE multivitamin by Pure Encapsulations.
- If you are having a hard time getting your omega-3’s and do not eat fish. I recommend you take supplemental omega-3’s to ensure the benefits. This ONE Omega is a great option.
- If you struggle to get probiotics daily. I might recommend that you take a supplemental option. This Probiotic GI is one of the best I have found!