Anti-Inflammatory Herbs and Spices
Lately, I have been working with a lot of clients to incorporate an anti-inflammatory diet. They have Arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, IBS, Chronic ulcers, Sinusitis, and many other conditions that cause pain and unpleasant symptoms. I was thrilled when this study came out showing scientific evidence that adding herbs and spices to foods can significantly reduce inflammation markers!
The researchers used a particular blend of herbs and spices to create this effect. These herbs and spices likely have their own unique benefits, but when they are combined together, they produce amazing reductions in inflammation!!!
Herbs and Spices have so many wonderful benefits! They are shown to help reduce symptoms for many digestive conditions and they make our food interesting and colorful!
These baked chicken strips are a little spicy, but full of flavor and super delicious!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake: 18-20 minutes
Anti-Inflammatory Baked Chicken
- 1 tsp Each of Cumin, Basil, Oregano, and Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Each of Thyme, Rosemary, and Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper and Ginger
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Chex, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all spices.
- Melt butter and mix with olive oil.
- Place chicken breast strips on a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle spice mixture on top. You may need to turn the strips over to put some of the spice mix on the other side also.
- Bake at 400 F for 18-20 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 F.
1 tsp each of Cumin, Basil, Oregano, and Parsley
½ tsp each of Thyme, Rosemary, and Turmeric
¼ tsp each of Red Pepper, and Ginger
1 pound Chicken Breast, cut into strips
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Crushed Rice Chex
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a small bowl mix together all spices.
Melt butter and mix with olive oil in another small bowl.
Place chicken breast strips on a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil mixture.
Mix rice chex into spice mixture and sprinkle on top. You may need to turn the strips over to put some of the spice mix on the other side also.
Bake at 400 F for 18-20 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 F.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 200 Calories, 7.6 grams Total Fat, 0 grams Total Carbohydrate, 26 grams Protein