Lemon Garlic Roasted Yellow Squash
This lemon garlic roasted yellow squash was delicious! It is easy to prepare, about 10 minutes, and really was quite good. I love finding new ideas to put more veggies in my life!
I was challenged a couple of weeks ago by one of my clients who asked me for more ideas for side dishes. I was stumped. I realized that my side dishes are often quite boring! I decided to come up with some new, interesting, tasty, and easy ideas for vegetables sides. This is the second of my new ideas (it is actually really hard to come up with new recipes!) The first one was kale chips, which were such a hit with the whole family! https://nourishednutritioncounseling.com/chili-kale-chips/.
Yellow squash has so many good things in it! Since it is a vegetable, it is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. It also provides some good nutrients including vitamin C, iron, and folate. It is also a great source of some wonderful antioxidants including beta-carotene and lutein! https://www.livestrong.com/article/366983-the-benefits-of-yellow-squash/
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 40 minutes
1 pound Yellow squash (about 2 medium)
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Salt (typically you get better flavor from this kind compared to the finely ground salt)
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/4 cup Sliced green onion (about 2 whole onions)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil and spraying with cooking spray.
- Wash squash, chop ends off. Then slice and quarter slices to get bite sized pieces.
- Arrange squash on prepared baking sheet.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl and drizzle over squash with a spoon.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper over squash.
- Top with green onion.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Information per Serving
87 Calories, 7 g Total Fat, 5 g Total Carb, 1.8 g Dietary Fiber, 1 g Protein