Mediterranean Chicken Bowls
This recipe was inspired by an impromptu dinner gathering this weekend with some friends. I actually hadn’t planned what I was going to make for dinner, but I knew I wanted something with hummus and feta. I don’t know, I guess I was craving all things Mediterranean! I searched for some recipes, but didn’t really find one I liked, so I made this up, and it was delicious!!! I hope you enjoy it too!
These chicken bowls are so delicious they will please the whole family. They are high protein, full of healthy fats, and is a good source of fiber! You can even make them gluten-free! Are you ready to taste a bit of the Mediterranean for dinner?
Makes 6 Bowls
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: Chicken 20 minutes, Rice 40 minutes
2 Chicken Breasts (1.2 lbs), boneless and skinless
½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs (or if you are gluten-free, crushed rice cereal)
1 tsp Dried Basil
½ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Paprika
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter, melted
2 cups Cooked brown jasmine rice
6 cups Lettuce, romaine
1 Cucumber, sliced
24 Cherry tomatoes
6 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
12 Tbsp Roasted garlic hummus
- Cut chicken breasts into nugget size pieces.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Add butter and olive oil to the bowl and stir to coat the chicken.
- In a separate small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, panko crumbs, basil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper and stir to combine. Add spices to the large bowl with chicken in it. Stir to coat well.
- Place chicken on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- To serve: place 1 cup of lettuce in each bowl, add sliced cucumber, tomatoes, 2 Tbsp of hummus, 1/3 cup rice, and chicken pieces to each bowl. Sprinkle each bowl with 1 Tbsp of feta cheese.
Nutrition Info per bowl (Makes 6 bowls): 441 Calories, 19 g Total Fat, 37 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 31 g Protein