Are you ready for soup yet?
This soup is a lower calorie version of other cream soups, but it is still super delicious! My husband is a lover of anything creamy including soups. I prefer broth based soups, but I always love to find healthier versions of the creamy ones.
This creamy chicken vegetable soup has added flavor with bacon and cheese, but high nutrition value with all of the vegetables and protein from the chicken. It is a fabulous main dish for any chilly day, and it smells amazing when you prepare it! ENJOY!
Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 4 strips Bacon on Ham (Use nitrate free)
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium Baking Potatoes, chopped
- 1 15 oz can Low-sodium Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup 1% Milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Provenance Seasoning
- Throw it all in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours and come home to a wonderful smelling kitchen and a nice warm supper!
2 chicken breasts, cubed (about 3/4 pound or 1/3 kg)
4 strips bacon or ham, chopped
2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 medium onion, minced
2 large carrots, chopped
2 medium baking potatoes, chopped
1 can of low sodium, low fat cream of chicken soup (15 oz)
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup mature red cheddar cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp provenance seasoning
Instructions: Throw it all in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours and come home to a wonderful smelling kitchen and a nice warm supper!
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 344, Total Carbohydrates: 34 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Total Fat: 11 g, Protein: 26 g
This soup is high fiber and high protein!
Don’t skip the bacon or ham to lower calories because the bacon only adds about 40 calories per serving–definitely worth it! Choose nitrate free bacon if possible as it is a healthier option. Nitrates have potential to cause cancer and can be very damaging to overall health. Add other vegetables to vary the flavors this might include zucchini, yellow squash, or other colors of bell peppers. Remember, it is always a good idea to eat more vegetables!!!
If you like this recipe, you will also love this Green Chile Chicken Soup!