Garlic Chicken Pasta
I am always searching for a new recipe with a creamy sauce for pasta. Alfredo sauces are so high in fat and so are most cheesy sauces. This recipe gives you a lot of cheesy for a little less fat and Calories since its main ingredient is chicken broth! It is truly a satisfying comfort food that the whole family will enjoy!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Cloves minced garlic
3 Tbsp Flour
1 ½ cups Chicken broth
1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
½ tsp Seasoned salt
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
12 oz Chicken breast, cooked and diced
16 oz Pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions. If you want to boost the protein and the fiber a little you can try Barilla Protein Plus Pasta!
- Heat butter until melted in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add flour to saucepan and stir with a whisk continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth, about ¼ cup every 30 seconds while continuing to stir.
- Continue stirring while adding the seasoned salt, salt, and black pepper to the sauce.
- Add cheese, and stir until melted 1-2 minutes. Add chicken breast and stir and cook for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Divide into 6 servings. Serve garlic and chicken sauce over pasta. Make sure to add 2-3 cups of vegetables to make it a meal!
If you like this recipe, you might also like these slow cooker Italian Meatballs!
Nutrition Information per Serving: Total Calories: 453, Total Fat: 16 g, Total Carbohydrates: 45.9 g, Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g, Protein: 28 g
Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp AP Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 12 oz Chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 16 oz Pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter until melted in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook while stirring for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add flour to saucepan and stir continuously with a whisk for 3-4 more minutes. Don't let the flour burn.
- Slowly add chicken broth, about 1/4 cup every 30 seconds. Continue stirring.
- Add spices to sauce.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add chicken breast and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Divide into 6 servings adding pasta to each plate topped with chicken sauce. Add 2-3 cups of vegetables to make it a meal!