Sweet and Spicy Fish Tacos
Sweet and spicy flavors make these tacos extra special. You can easily make them gluten-free, and you can adjust the “spiciness” of the recipe for the kiddos if you need to. Fast, easy, and delicious is ALWAYS what I am looking for in a recipe!
Total cooking time: about 30 minutes
1 pound White fish, cod or sole work well
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs (use gluten free cracker crumbs as a substitute)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Chili powder
Lime juice (juice from about 2 limes)
1 Orange, peeled and sectioned
1 cup Chopped cilantro
½ cup Chopped green chile
1 whole Avocado, chopped
Fish taco sauce: See below
6 Large flour or 18 corn tortillas, warmed in paper towels
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, cumin, coriander, and chili powder.
- Arrange fish on a greased baking tray, or line with foil. Squeeze lime juice over fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon breadcrumb mixture over fish. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fish taco sauce: 1 cup greek yogurt, 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp lime juice.
- Arrange tortillas on a plate, top with fish, cilantro, orange slices, green chile, and avocado. Garnish with lime wedge and cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Information per Serving for flour tortillas: Calories: 373, Total Fat: 10 g, Total Carbohydrate: 45 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Protein: 27 g.
Nutrition Information per Serving for corn tortillas: Calories: 304, Total Fat: 7 g, Total Carbohydrates: 38 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Protein: 25 g.