Have you heard of SUPERFOODS? This recipe is loaded with 8 SUPERFOODS! But more importantly, I think, is that it tastes amazing!
What are they? They are foods that are packed with tons of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Antioxidants are these wonderful compounds that protect your body against all kinds of toxins and can prevent or slow down aging, chronic diseases, and cancers! Who knew food this good for you could taste so amazing???
The superfoods in this recipe are in bold.
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt
2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast (I like the ones from rotisserie chicken) about 12 oz
1 cup Black Beans, rinsed
2 cups Shredded Cabbage
2 cups Shredded Spinach
2 Green Onions, sliced
1 Avocado, sliced
Almond Cilantro Dressing:
3/4 cups Toasted Slivered Almonds
1 1/2 cups Cilantro stems and leaves
1/2 cup Water
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Minced Ginger Root
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Coconut Oil, liquid
1/4 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare Sweet Potato Fries: Peel sweet potatoes and then slice in half. Place halves on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 3-4 minutes before cutting into fries. This softens the potatoes just enough that cutting them is so much easier!!! I like to use a potato slicer for fries to make this easy.
2. Place fries on a large cookie sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Stir gently. Bake at 400 F for 40 minutes stirring once in the middle.
3. While the fries are baking, make the dressing. Combine toasted almonds, cilantro, water, lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt, coconut oil, and cayenne pepper in a food processor and blend on medium speed for about 20 seconds or until smooth.
4. Prepare the other items for your bowl: Chop the rotisserie chicken breast, drain and rinse beans, chop avocado, chop onion, and shred spinach and cabbage.
5. Arrange bowls as in photo, and spoon dressing over the bowl. You can serve this warm or cold, your choice!
- Toast almonds ahead of time. Toast at 350 F for 4-6 minutes or until they are just starting to become fragrant and slightly brown.
- Fresh lime juice really does give it more flavor!
- If your coconut oil is in a solid state, simply microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 359, Total Fat: 19.5 g, Total Carbs: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 8.4 g, Protein: 24.5 g