Prep your veggies for this egg casserole ahead of time to save time! You can use it for breakfast, brunch, or even brinner. At only 225 Calories per serving, you can add your favorite fruit or some whole grain toast to make it a complete meal. Happy Eating!
Prep time: About 30 minutes
Bake: About 40 minutes
3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 ½ cups corn kernels
1 cup 2% cottage cheese
1 cup feta cheese crumbles
1 tsp dried dill
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1.4 tsp black pepper
10 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Sauté zucchini, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil until slightly tender (about 5-6 minutes) in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add corn to skillet and cook until the corn is heated (1-2 minutes more).
- Transfer squash mixture to a large bowl. Add cottage cheese, feta cheese, dill, flour, baking powder, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Stir in the beaten eggs until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into the coated baking dish.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until egg is set in the center of the casserole.
Note: in the photo above, I added turkey sausage to the recipe. This added 80 Calories per serving, 5 grams of fat, and 8.5 grams of protein. Turkey sausage does not contain any carbohydrates or fiber.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 225, Total Fat: 13 g, Total Carbohydrate: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g, Protein: 16.3 g